LEGIONELLA RISK ASSESSMENTS & CONTROL
Legionella risk assessments start right at the beginning. The report needs to show where the site is, who the duty holder is, who the responsible person is, who is their substitute and their means of contact.
A suitable and sufficient assessment is required to identify and assess the risk of exposure to Legionella bacteria from work activities and water systems on the premises and any necessary precautionary measures.
Any water system, with the right environmental conditions, could be a source for Legionella bacteria growth. There is a reasonable foreseeable Legionella risk if your water system;
- Has a water temperature between 20-45 deg C
- Creates and/or spreads breathable droplets, eg. aerosol created by cooling towers or water droplets or even taps
- Stores and/or re-circulates water
- Is likely to contain a source of food for the organism, eg. presence of sludge, scale or fouling
Our comprehensive risk assessment survey and report will comprise of the following:
- Measurement of temperatures across the whole of domestic systems from cold water tanks and calorifiers to taps and showers in each facility served
- Examination of cold water storage tanks for condition, layout of pipe work, lagging, lid and vent screens and general compliance with bye-law 30
- Check temperature profile of calorifiers for stratification and examine general condition
- Down services for temperatures, general condition, presence of dead legs, static or flow low areas, temperature loss, labeling of taps, condition of shower mixer and heads
- Cooling systems’ general location with relation to air intakes, thoroughfares, windows, adjacent properties
- Physical condition of towers, including size, volume, state of repair, condition of distribution troughs, drift eliminators and sump
A full risk assessment should be carried out at least every two years or when the system has been changed i.e. a new sink is fitted etc.
Cambridge Risk Management Ltd’s qualified and experienced water hygiene consultants provide a comprehensive service to ensure your water systems are safe and your company are fully compliant.
Legionella Risk Assessments need to be carried out by employees, landlords and anyone that has a responsibility of control of water systems in general.
Do I need a Legionella Risk Assessment?
Yes, The HSE Approved Code of Practice “The Control of Legionella Bacteria in Water Systems” known as L8 has placed responsibility on employers to carry out a Risk Assessment to identify and minimize the risk to the health of employees or the general public. Our fully-qualified and experienced personnel carry out a detailed survey of your system. A comprehensive report is then presented, which details the level of risk and makes recommendations for any modifications necessary to prevent of minimize those findings.
Accident Investigation£200.00 – £675.00
Catastrophic Bleed Management Course£65.00
CDM Coordination£100.00 – £700.00
Certificate in Stress Awareness£250.00
CHAS Application£200.00 – £550.00
CIEH FOUNDATION CERTIFICATE IN OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY£95.00
CIEH Intermediate Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
CIEH INTRODUCTORY CERTIFICATE IN OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY£95.00
CIEH Level 3 Award in Environmental Management£1,995.00
CIEH Level 3 Award in Risk Assessment Principles and Practice