Cambridge Risk Management Ltd can assist businesses that require Health and Safety Compliance Audit of their existing management system.
An in-depth Health and Safety Compliance Audit can be very useful when establishing whether your current Health and Safety Management System is actually working and whether employees are observing Health and Safety practices at work.
A health and safety compliance audit is the best method of determining the adequacy of existing safeguards. Our consultants will carry out an independent, comprehensive audit of your business’ policies, procedures and health and safety documents. Following this, an audit report will be produced, including comments, recommendations, and a compliance action plan.
For smaller organisations, this might be as simple as:
- An inspection of the premises;
- A review of current health and safety documentation;
- Or the issue of a report detailing all observations and recommendations.
Larger organisations may require an external audit check of their entire health and safety management system.
For more information about health and safety audits please complete our contact form.
Our comprehensive health and safety compliance audit are carried out against the requirements of:
- UK legislation
- The principles contained in the Health & Safety Executive guidance on health and safety management systems
- HS(G)65 “Successful Health & Safety Management”
- Health & Safety Management Arrangements
- First Aid
- Hazardous Substances
- Manual Handling
- Work Equipment
Health and safety compliance audit can be desktop, or can include specific site visits to ensure policy procedures are continuous throughout the organisation.
Following the audit, a prioritised action plan is produced to guide any required improvements.
Health and Safety Compliance Audit can be provided as part of our bespoke Health and Safety Membership Scheme. This scheme provides an affordable alternative to employing your own, in house Health and Safety specialist.
The Business Advantage
Another big advantage in carrying out a health and safety compliance audit is that it will enable an organisation to satisfy itself that the company’s own Health and Safety Policy and associated documents are being implemented properly.
What are your legal duties?
- A documented Health and Safety Policy
- Documented arrangements for the organisation, planning, control, monitoring and review of Health and Safety Practices
- Documented suitable and sufficient Risk Assessments for all significant hazards
- Access to competent Occupational Health and Safety Consultancy advice.
- The penalties of not complying with Workplace Health and Safety law can be very serious
- Unlimited fines straight from your bottom line
- THE HSE will charge you under Fee for Intervention
- Individual fines and imprisonment;
- Publicity of prosecutions leading to loss of orders and damage to reputation.