The CIEH Introductory Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety is designed for:
- Workers of all levels that need an awareness of health and safety
- New workers required to take health and safety induction training at the start of a new job
- As part of a work experience programme
Upon successful completion of the CIEH Introductory Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety, candidates will be equipped with a background and understanding of general health and safety practices and the control measures required to reduce risks in the workplace.
The CIEH Introductory Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety provides a basic introduction to health and safety, making it an ideal basic induction training course. It is designed to provide a good awareness of the importance of health and safety and the role that each individual should play in keeping themselves and others free from harm. This course is suitable for employees in any industry or organisation, in particular:
- New starters (as part of their induction training)
- Those on temporary work experience programmes
- Those who have never received any formal health and safety training
- Introduction to Occupational Health and Safety
- Workplace Hazards
- Workplace Conditions
- Workplace Procedures
Assessed by a short multiple choice exam.
4 hour Course
What’s more, employers can book this course for their employees and rest assured that they have fulfilled their legal responsibilities for providing quality Health & Safety training which meets OFSTED and CQC requirements.
Did you know that according to the HSE (Health & Safety Executive)
- 1.3 million working people suffered from a work-related illness
- 144 workers killed at work (2017/18)
- 609,000 injuries occurred at work according to the Labour Force Survey
- 70,116 injuries to employees reported under RIDDOR
- 31.2 million working days lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury
- £14.9 billion estimated cost of injuries and ill health from current working conditions (2015/16)
For employers and employees, the cost financially and to your reputation from inadequate H&S training can have devastating effects. That’s why from using protective equipment to dealing with accidents, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) is indispensable to a healthy and safe working environment.
The CIEH Introductory Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety provides an awareness of key health and safety issues, and the part that workers should play in keeping themselves and others free from harm at work.
Learn the importance of health and safety and how to intervene when things don’t go according to plan
Whats covered in the CIEH Introductory Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety