This CIEH Level 3 Award in Environmental Management qualification has been designed to develop the knowledge and understanding of all staff working within an environmental management system (e.g. ISO 14001).
Who needs this qualification?
Those with responsibilities within an environmental management system (such as ISO 14001)
Why is this training important?
All organisations have a legal responsibility for the impact that they may have on the environment.
This qualification focuses specifically on the practical issues associated with implementing an environmental management system.
Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to understand:
- key global environmental issues and the concept of sustainability
- the advantages and disadvantages of implementing an accredited environmental management system
- the purpose of and process involved in developing an effective environmental policy
- how to identify and evaluate an organisation’s environmental aspects and impacts
- the structure, function and operation of environmental law
- how an environmental management system can be implemented
- the purpose and processes of checking environmental performance including monitoring and measuring, corrective and preventive actions and auditing
- the reasons for producing an environmental report
Duration: Three-day programme
Assessment: Multiple choice examination
Ofqual Accredited: Yes
Ofqual reference: 600/5177/2
QCF: 3 credits
QCF reference: Y/503/9924
Pre-requisite: None, although CIEH Level 2 Award in Environmental Principles and Best Practice is recommended.